Hire a professional.
Audit Support for Federal Government Contractors
For government contractors, you will be audited. You may be audited before, during or after the term of your contract. You may be audited by the contracting agency, the Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) or the Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA). Prime contractors may also require audits of subcontractors.
Common types of government audits include:
- Accounting System Requirements
(Pre- and Post-Award)
- Contractor Business System Audits
- Incurred Cost Proposals
- Price Proposals and Provisional Billing Rates
- Public Vouchers (Progress Payments)
- Real-time Labor Evaluations (Floor Checks)
Failing to prepare for audits is risky. Audits can result in disallowed costs, penalties, fines, and even the loss of your contracts. Because findings can be delayed, you may also be responsible for accrued interest for multiple years.
How We Can Help
Led by a CPA and GovCon accountant with over 15 years of federal audit experience, Left Brain Professionals knows government audits. We help government contractors with:
- Accounting System Adequacy
- Audit Representation and Defense
- Contract Proposal Audits
- Claims Audits/Termination Proposals
- DCAA Audit Support
- Financial Capability Assessments
- Incurred Cost Audits
- Post-Audit Remediation
- Pre-Contract Award Compliance Audits
Savvy contractors know the best time to prepare for an audit is before you are audited. If you’re not sure how to get started early, Left Brain Professionals can help guide you through the process. Click the button at the bottom of the page to let us help you get started.
- Presentations by Robert E. Jones:
- National Contract Management Association: Audits Virtual Conference – Effective Business and Cost Competitive Strategies
- From the Answers Blog:
- Federal Government Resources
- DCAA: Audit of Contractor Compliance with Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation for Contractor Business Systems and Subsystems
- DCAA: Contract Audit Manual (CAM)
- DCAA: SF1408: Pre-Award Survey of Prospective Contractor Accounting System
- DFARS: 242-7006(a)(1) Material Management, Contractor Business Systems and Accounting System Administration
- SBIR: Incurred Cost Proposals and Audits
Ready to get more information?
Contact us now or schedule one-on-one time to talk about how Left Brain Professionals can help you prepare for and defend against government audits.