Ready to get started with an accounting service bundle? Click the button below to calculate your quote or keep reading to learn more about the plans we offer.
Some browsers may block third-party cookies. Please allow cookies for this tool to operate correctly.
DCAA-Compliant Accounting Services Bundles
Are Government Contract Accounting Regulations Making You Want to Run FAR, FAR Away? Introducing Left Brain Professionals DCAA-Compliant Accounting Service Bundles for Government Contractors.
Government contract accounting is our area of expertise, so it doesn’t have to be yours. We only work with government contractors – it’s what we do all day, every day. While our clients and their needs vary, one thing they all have in common is limited time to maintain DCAA-compliant books and records.
That’s why we’ve developed our new accounting service bundles for government contractors.
Choose from one of three value priced plans to meet your specific business needs and we will simplify your government contract accounting into a seamless, virtual accounting environment while ensuring DCAA compliance.
Our fixed-cost bundles allow you to accurately budget each month for your company’s accounting investments and we become the accountant, controller, and CFO for your business.
You’ll get a secure, easy and efficient way to take care of your government contract accounting needs and get peace of mind knowing your accounting processes are DCAA compliant.
All our service bundles include:
- 100% virtual environment
- 24/7 access to your data stored in the cloud
- All digital, paperless accounting
- U.S. based employees – we NEVER outsource your accounting to other firms or utilize offshore resources
How it Works
This is your accounting system. You select from one of our three plan options and we configure and administer it for you. Each client’s system is stand-alone. While we design and administer the system in a DCAA-compliant manner, determination of an adequate system in accordance with the SF 1408 is on a client-by-client basis and relies heavily on practices employed at the client level such as:
- Categorization of expenses as direct vs indirect and allowable vs unallowable
- Daily timekeeping
- Following contract-specific requirements
- Identification of direct costs by contract and CLIN
- Review and approval of all time sheets, expense reports, purchase orders, vendor bills, and customer invoices
We utilize the following cloud-based services to provide you a seamless, virtual accounting environment.
- QuickBooks – core accounting system and general ledger
- Hour Timesheet – timekeeping
- Tallie – expense reporting and credit card reconciliation
- Bill.com or Veem – online accounts payable/accounts receivable
- Hubdoc – document aggregator of other online accounts
- Paylocity – payroll and HR management
- ICAT Systems – Indirect Cost Allocation Tool
- Swizznet – cloud hosting for QuickBooks Desktop
- Rewind – backups for QuickBooks online
Once we provision, configure, and integrate all the accounts, you can simply start entering all time and expenses in one of our automated tools and let the system do the rest.
Upload receipts from your phone, tablet, PC, Wi-fi scanner, or email them to your private document storage. The system is configured to automatically process as many transactions as possible. (Note that some receipts and documents may not be machine readable and the system may not be able to accurately determine the correct contract or expense account of certain items.)
You review and approve all time sheets, expense reports, purchase orders, vendor bills, and customer invoices.
We ensure everything is in compliance with the SF 1408, FAR 31 Cost Principles, Cost Accounting Standards (as required), and contract-specific requirements. And, we provide govcon/DCAA-compliant guidance on all accounting transactions.
We take cybersecurity seriously. We’ve been teaching cyber hygiene and DoD/DFARS cybersecurity requirements since 2015 and we stand behind the security and privacy we provide our clients.
- We ensure our U.S. based employees undergo comprehensive background checks with 10-year employment history and 10-panel drug screen
- We promise to never outsource your accounting to other firms or utilize offshore resources
- We require multifactor authentication on all network devices and client accounts
- We utilize a private VPN for any remote work
Your data is secure in the cloud, never stored on our servers. Your data is yours and should be accessible to you 24/7. More importantly, you should be able to take or use your data anytime you want. Our virtual environment is configured for always-on access on any device. You own the accounts, we provide the configuration, support, and billing as part of our monthly service to you.
The data for each segment of the environment is stored on the respective provider’s servers. Click the links below to learn more about the data, privacy, and security of each service.
1. Which Software Should I Choose?
QuickBooks Online if-
- Services Only
- Light Inventory
- NO Manufacturing
- Fixed Price Contracts
- Few T&M Contracts
- NO Cost-Type Contracts
- SBIR-STTR Phase I
QuickBooks Desktop if-
- Heavy Inventory
- Fixed Price Contracts
- T&M Contracts
- Cost-Type Contracts
- SBIR-STTR All Phases
Bring Your Own License + $54.99/user/month for SwizzNet Hosting
Bring My Own-
We support clients on multiple software packages including Unanet, Dynamics NAV, Epicor, Deltek, and others.
2. How Much Support Do I Need?
This package is designed for clients that need occasional guidance & want a basic level of comfort that someone is available to answer questions.
Software, maintenance, unlimited email support, indirect rate calculations, Hubdoc, plus 6 hours of task support.
This package is designed for growing clients that need a fair amount of support, but don’t want the burden of hiring a full-time employee.
All Safety net features, PLUS 6 hours of task support (12 hours total) and accounting process manual.
All Hands on Deck
This package is designed for clients that need a fair amount of support, but don’t want the burden of a hiring a full-time employee.
All Weekly Q&A features, plus 12 hours of task support (24 hours total) and free wi-fi scanner.
3. How Should I Allocate My Monthly Phone & Transactional Support Tasks?
Below is a break-down of tasks and the estimated number of hours needed to complete each task each month. You select how you want to allocate your support task hours based on how many hours your package includes.
|Time and expense posting||4|
|Payroll journal entries||2|
|Fixed asset tracking||1|
|Bank & credit card reconciliations||2|
|Balance sheet reconciliations||4|
|Financial statement analysis||2|
4. Which Add-Ons Do I Need? (All Add-Ons are an additional charge above and beyond the package cost)
|Hour Timesheet – Timekeeping||$8/user|
|Tallie – Expense reporting||$10.00/user ($45 min)|
|Paylocity – Payroll and HR||$8.00/user + $200/month|
|Bill.com – A/P and A/R automation||$69/user|
|Veem – A/P and A/R automation||FREE for domestic ACH|
|ICAT (Indirect Cost Allocation Tool)||$1,875/year|
Enter your selections into the online Accounting Services Bundle Tool below to calculate your selections and get your estimated pricing.
You can also contact us at Support@LeftBrainPro.com or (614) 556-4415 to get started with your new accounting services plan.
We designed the setup and configuration of QuickBooks and integrated software solutions to automate a significant portion of the traditional bookkeeping tasks. These accounting support service packages are not bookkeeping services. The client is responsible for:
- Submitting and approving all time entries and expense reports
- Coding all transactions to the correct G/L account
- Assigning the proper job/project
- Attaching all relevant invoices, receipts, or other documents.
We provide the professional guidance and consultation necessary to help you maintain GAAP and government contract compliance. We’re here to:
- Maintain the Quickbooks configuration
- Answer questions on the proper treatment of costs
- Suggest industry best practices for job costing and other government contract accounting compliance
- Provide guidance on policies, procedures, and daily processing of transactions
Some packages include more detailed support as defined above. We strive to provide the following levels of service:
- Email and phone support – first response within one business day
- Month-end closing and reports – within five business days of receiving all relevant documents and information
Why Left Brain Professionals
Simply put, we do one thing and we do it well – government contract accounting.
At Left Brain Professionals we’re more than bookkeepers, we’re professional accountants trained and experienced in government contract accounting. We bring over 50 years of accounting experience and more than 30 years of government contract experience to the table.
We stand firm in our knowledge of government contract accounting requirements, the configuration of our virtual environment, and the processes employed to ensure compliance. We know the requirements of an adequate accounting system according to the SF 1408, FAR 31 Cost Principles, and the Cost Accounting Standards and we’ve built all of those requirements into our virtual environment and processes.
Sure, other firms can provide bookkeeping or accounting services, but can they provide the expertise you need for DCAA compliance?
Robert is a Certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor. Work with Left Brain Professionals today, your trusted Independent QuickBooks Consultant Service.