Selling to the Government

Selling products and services to the U.S. Government requires some unique registrations in addition to your local business license, state registration, and other professional license requirements.

  • Apply for a DUNS number.
  • Register with SAM.

We recommend reading DCAA Information for Contractors, a guide designed to aid contractors in understanding applicable requirements and to help ease the contract audit process. It describes what contractors should expect when doing business with the U.S. Government, and frequent requirements that contractors encounter when responding to the Government procurement and administrative process. Note that these examples are intended to give better insight into the procurement process and should not be construed as uniform guides. Nor should this manual be considered a substitute for the applicable rules and regulations, as not all requirements are contained therein.