Government Contracting Opportunities in the Small Business Research and Small Business Technology Transfer Programs
Two federal programs offer valuable opportunities for technology-based small businesses.
- The Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) program encourages domestic small businesses to engage in federal research and development that has the potential for commercialization. ‘
- The related Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) expands funding in the federal innovation research and development arena. Businesses must collaborate with a research institution.
Both SBIR and STTR support scientific excellence and technological innovation by awarding federal research funds through a competitive, awards-based program.
The two programs awarded $3.7 billion in competitive grant and contract awards in fiscal year 2019. To be considered for an award, your company needs an innovative idea that is still in the research stage and has commercial potential and an identifiable market.
How we can help
The government contract experts at Left Brain Professionals are here to help you navigate the complex requirements of the SBIR and STTR programs. We can:
- Help you determine your eligibility to compete for SBIR and STTR awards.
- Outline contract and accounting requirements for each of the three phases.
- Assist with installing and maintaining compliant accounting and business systems.
- Aid with grant application preparation.
- Provide compliance, accounting and audit support for awarded contracts.
Federal Government Resources:
Ready to get more information?
Contact us now or schedule one-on-one time to discuss how SBIR and STTR could provide significant funding for your technology business.